Intelliscreen

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by epnfatbdy, Jul 15, 2008.

1. epnfatbdy

epnfatbdy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Alright, so I really only no one rule for developers in the SDK, and that is yo cannot make an app that messes with the music player, but does it say anything about the lock screen, because if not, would it be possible to get intelliscreen on here.

For all of you who don't know, Intelliscreen was a jailbroken app that allowed you to put sports scores, e-mail messages, RSS feeds, and weather all on your lock screen. It also gave you two lock screen pages, so if you tapped in one of the upper corners, your lock screen would flip, and you would have more stuff on your second lock screen. Also, if you tapped the home button once, it took you to a quich screen, still on your lock screen, called intellidial, which is essentially a speed dial for the lock screen.

This was a really fun and handy app so I was wondering if apple would allow it to be on the appstore, because I would be willing to pay to have this back again

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Pilk

Pilk New Member

I used it all the time and it is the thing i miss most from my 1.1.4. Apple won't allow applications that run in the background, like intelliscreen would. I think that's the reason that Intelliborn can't make it for 2.0. But cross your fingers cause 2.0JB is coming very soon!
  3. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well it wouldnt be on the appstore cuz apple states that no app can run in the background
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It doesn't have to run in the background. I'm sure he could come up with some kind of push thing to make it work. Its not allowed for the same reasons customize and summerboard are not allowed.
  5. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The apps cant work outside of its own .app directory.
  6. Pilk

Pilk New Member

your only allowed to push badges, sounds and messages so it wouldn't work that way. and it can't work outside its own directory as hxc maniac said. i miss my intelliscreen

Please Register or Log in to view images