Intelligent Debate Section

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Germany, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Germany

Germany Banned

I think an 'Intelligent Debate' section would be a nice addition to the forum. I know this has been suggested once or twice before but few have even considered this. People who are well educated would like to go here and hang out/debate/discuss different topics. This wouldn't be just a normal off-topic thread with spam and people posting stupid pictures and quotes. I'm hoping for a good place to actually discuss things. I'm sick of all of the three year old threads that last five minutes because nobody can carry on a conversations.

Rules would be strict. No swearing. No politics. No religion.

Example categories: Resources, Technology, Education, Preservation, etc.

Now, watch this thread get shot down because the staff won't be dedicated enough to handle all of the kids going in here with the upper teens, 20's, and older. Sad

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Duykur

Duykur Banned

No. This is an iPod Touch Forum, not a debate forum.
  3. TDG

TDG Active Member

4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It wouldn't work. Too many idiots would start posting in it.
  5. Germany

Germany Banned

It's also called a community. I think intelligent people need a place to carry on normal discussions. If this is just an iPod touch forum, why are there sections for computers, software such as iTunes, and all of the Off-topic sections? It's called building a community. Keeping people interested.

You are one of many who will say "things would get out of control" yet not even put much thought into it. I know what Google is. I'm wiser than you think, so don't treat me like an ignorant person.
  6. Duykur

Duykur Banned

I don't think any of the bolded exist on these forums.
  7. Awesome

Awesome Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I second that! and that is what makes this forum unique!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. TDG

TDG Active Member

Mods have put enough thought into it. Making another thread isn't going to change their minds. They've studied the circumstances and thought of it as a deficient idea. And I'm not calling you ignorant, in fact, I know you're an intelligent person. I would love one of these forums to be honest, but I already know that they've put their foot down on the subject multiple times and I've accepted their decision.
  9. Germany

Germany Banned

I think this is a community and that people are interested. They wouldn't stay if they weren't. Anyways, if you two whiners don't like my idea, and can't post anything reasonable against it, please leave the thread.
  10. TDG

TDG Active Member

Me? A whiner?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.