Integrate OpenSSH into Firmware?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by unbekannt1234, Mar 28, 2009.

1. unbekannt1234

unbekannt1234 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to add applications like OpenSSH or Winterboard into the ipsw for the 2g jailbreak. I found a way for the iphone or ipod touch 1g but not for a 2g ipod touch.

I learned that Cydia is integrated the way as it is installed. I'm not sure if it is also possible to make an .tar- archive of the installed openSSH files and integrate this into the firmware because openSSH is used as a service, isn't it?

Does anybody know how to do that?

Thanks
  2. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes its possible to add any app to the bundle and have be there when you install the new firmware, how to do it? I don't quite know.
  3. Legendairy

Legendairy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This can be done using PwnageTool, but I don't think it works with the 2G yet.
  4. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You simply make a tar bundle out of OpenSSH's contents. I think it's almost the same as it's debian package but I'm not sure, haven't really looked into it. I have been planning to incorporate support for these kinds of things in a future version of redTool.
  5. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can either download the OpenSSH .deb and extract it (dpkg -x), or place the whole .deb in /var/root/Media/Cydia/ and it will install it on first boot.
  6. unbekannt1234

unbekannt1234 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm, as said, not sure because OpenSSH is a service. I looked into an Installer Source and saw that it's on the one hand possible to copy files, but on the other hand also possible to execute things.

So I will try to pack all files, which "show filesystem contents" in cydia names, into a tar archive and integrate it into my ipsw file.

I would appreciate if somebody else could try this because I only have the chanche to try this in 7 days on my friend's ipod (don't want to restore mine again). If you don't know what you should do, I will give you an step-by-step tutorial.

Thanks
  7. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I can make you a .tar of the newest version.
    I have an older version that I use for creating and testing jailbreaks, but I'll just update my package.

Edit: PwnageTool/XPwn bundle
  8. unbekannt1234

unbekannt1234 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you, but the next question:

I created the firmware with unofficialsn0w. There is a .bat file for creating the firmware.

Its contents:
    What do I have to add to include the OpenSSH.tar file?
  9. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Code:
    ipsw.exe "IPSW/OriginalFW.ipsw" "IPSW/JB.ipsw" -s 700 FirmwareBundles\Cydia.tar FirmwareBundles\OpenSSH.tar

10. unbekannt1234

unbekannt1234 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, I'll try this.