Insure iPod Touch 16GB?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stueyairey, Sep 3, 2008.

1. stueyairey

stueyairey New Member

I recently had my iPod touch stolen from my car and having bought a new one I wondered if anybody knew about taking out a policy to insure my iPod and where from? I'm in the UK....
  2. Dave C

Dave C New Member

I don't know how car insurance works in the UK (I'm in Canada), but personal effects stolen from a vehilce can be claimed under your personal (home) insurance. Stupid, I know, but that's how it works.
    Of course, if you only had your Touch stolen, and you need to pay a $500 deductible from your insurance, not worth it.....
    I'm assuming you could always specifically insure your Touch under your home policy as well (kind of like jewellery), though again, if that's all that's missing and your deductible costs just as much, not worth it....
  3. cainy

cainy New Member

depending on your policy items inside the car can be covered under the car insurance, same as canada i where to loose my ipod when outside i could claim on the house insurance...im in UK btw

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Dave C

Dave C New Member

If I'm not mistaken, what gets covered from your car policy are things that are attached to the car. Meaning loose items (cd's, clothing in the back seat, iPods etc) are not and are considered personal items and therefore fall under your home insurance. Unless of course your iPod is attached to your car....then that would be covered under your car insurance...