insubordinate ipod looking for excuses to respring...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by marlow2689, May 6, 2008.

1. marlow2689

marlow2689 New Member

Hey guys, it seems like other people have started having problems over the past couple days which are similar to mine, but i promise i did search for help and havent found any actual solutions.

several random things are freaking out on my ipod. im running 1.1.4 which i jailbroke using the mac pwnage tool. over the past few days, several programs which ive tried to install have refused to work.

neither the installer, nor touchpad pro will update, 'kate' (which i have never used before) is installed but will not run, and several programs which ive tried to install separately (i.e. mobilechat) simply will not install. for all of the installs/updates, the programs will download fully, but once the bar changes to 'installing', the ipod immediately jumps back to the desktop. when i try to run kate, the loading screen appears for like 3 seconds, then the ipod jumps back to the home screen.

i have no idea what might be noteworthy of the following, but perhaps one of these will matter. ive got smb prefs, extended system preferences, boss tool, term-vt100, BSD subsytem, BSD v2.x fix, SUID lib fix, and a bunch of other crap. i also have installed a few packages which are fixes for 1.1.3 stuff (im chat 1.1.3 fix, general 1.1.3 fix for 3rd party apps, etc).

any and all help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.
  2. Mr_iPod

Mr_iPod Member

dont use kate, its formally known as caterpillar and it just does some customizing, if removed incorrectly or even used incorrectly it can mess your touch\iphone up. i suggust that you restore to a clean 1.1.4, and either jailbreak using ZiPhone which works 99.999999% of the time or try Pwnage again. But i do strongly recommend a restore.
  3. marlow2689

marlow2689 New Member

im happy to uninstall that kate malarkey, but is a re-flash really necessary? thatd be a pain in my ass, and i dont need another pain in my ass. any other ideas about what might cause this? do i need to remove something thats f***ing with everything else??

thanks for the help
  4. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Why did you install 1.1.3 fixes if you're on 1.1.4? Do you have the 1.1.4 Compatibility Patch?
  5. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The 1.1.3 fixes work with 1.1.4.

I would suggest backing up your iPod then uninstalling Kate. I don't understand why they changed the name in the first place. Kate + Customize + Summerboard clash. They may screw up your iPod and make you restore, as it did to mine.
  6. marlow2689

marlow2689 New Member

ok, i removed customize and kate and am using summerboard exclusively.

now, the installer still will not update, and ive tried installing mobilechat and it got even weirder: again, downloading and preflight went normally, but as the 'installing' began, it jumped back to the home screen. whats weirder than before is that chat does show up on the desktop, and i can even open it up and see the white screen that says 'add account' in the top right, but after about 2 seconds, the ipod goes back to the homescreen. even weirder is that i cant uninstall mobilechat and retry it; it is not showing up in the installer as one of the programs which i can uninstall, nor does it show up in the list of programs i dont have. any ideas?

thanks again

** now the ipot wont run anything which has been recently installed, and will install nothing new. any chance theres a way of resolving this without reflashing?
  7. marlow2689

marlow2689 New Member

and yes, i do have the 1.1.4 compatibility patch
  8. marlow2689

marlow2689 New Member

ugh, now it seems that nothing at all will install properly.