Instant quick Cheap protection for new iPods!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Pyrofer, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

Ok, I know a lot of people (like me) cant wait to play with their new toy. That means using it without a case, unless you bought one before the iPod?

The back WILL scratch. Unless you protect it. The front however is quite tough.

When you unpack your new iPod, DO NOT THROW AWAY the front plastic cover!
    There is a protective plastic cover on the screen. when you peel it off, carefully trim the edges a little, and cut off the corners. Now place it on the BACK of the iPod.

I have this stuck to the back of mine after several weeks of action and not a scratch on the shiny metal. Ill get a proper one, but this will do to protect it till then.
  2. Jellicle

Jellicle New Member

I'm using some screen protectors I bought for my Palm TX (RIP).
  3. Metaphore

Metaphore New Member

When I got mine out of the box I left the front plastic on for a mask, turned it over polished it and then hit it with two coats of clearcoat spray varnish then removed the front plastic. Shiny and scratch free now with no silly plastic cover.

Don't forget to cover the power button.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

And if you don't want to go through that much trouble, clear Finger Nail Polish will also work. It's much more brittle than Clear Coat, but will do the job just as well.

Mind you, I didn't use this method, since I don't much care about the back of my iPod, so I can't tell you how much you'll need to use.
  5. Mattyoak

Mattyoak New Member

Sounds like it would work but covering the back of the iPod with nail polish sounds like a bad idea...