Instant Messenger Problem...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by yesisme, Dec 8, 2007.

1. yesisme

yesisme New Member

First let me say this is a great forum; very informative!

I have installed two IM applications, Apollo and Chat. With both, the application closes within 30 seconds and goes back to the launcher. This will happen even as I am typing a message. Does anyone have a suggestion to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance

Ed
  2. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    first of all what do you mean by launcher, and how did you install them, also what IM are you using AIM MSN or some other, and what iPod version do you have.

Cheers,
    Ben.
  3. yesisme

yesisme New Member

Thanks for the fast reply - I'm a long time palm user, so launcher was the first term to come to mind. I meant that the application closes and the view I see is all the app icons.

My iTouch is firmware 1.1.2, jailbroken, and I used the installer tool on the itouch to install the apps.
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

okay, so it went to springboard after 30 seconds of chat. Try reinstalling them completely (deleting the files and uninstalling)
  5. yesisme

yesisme New Member

Ok... deleted the two apps in question after removing my IM accounts from them (using MSN, btw)...reinstalled MobileChat... the app closes even as I am entering my msn account information...

I don't know how much I will use MSN on the iTouch anyway, but it is frustrating to not be able to get it working.