Installing without using Installer.app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Esviel, May 18, 2008.

1. Esviel

Esviel New Member

Okay, I'm trying to install CAterpillar 1.1 (because the version in installer, 1.2, is not what I want to use).

Now, caterpillar version 1.1 is no longer in installer, so i downloaded it to my laptop through other means. now, how do I install it onto my iPod Touch? is it possible?

btw I can do SSH, that will probably be necessary.
  2. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

ya you will go into ssh and go to the application folder then drag the .app in there and change the permissions to 755
  3. Esviel

Esviel New Member

how do you change permissions?

And also, i downloaded caterpillar to my computer as a .zip file.

so when i unzipped it, i got a main folder labeled "caterpillar.app", which includes the actuall application and a bunch of files. ALSO, there are some more files that were inside the original .zip file but not in the caterpillar.app folder.

then, there's another .zip file within the original .zip file labed "support.zip", which has a bunch of other files in it.

so do i just drag it all into the applications folder? that seems too easy....something would defiitely go wrong....

and i don't wanna brick this thing!
  4. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

ok you would first have to get that first .zip file on your desktop then open it up and take out the .app file and place it next to the .zip file go into your ssh program go into the application folder and minimize it then drag that .app file over the program you use and then it should open up place it there (anywhere) then open that same file select everything then right click it and go to properties and change the permissions to 755
  5. Esviel

Esviel New Member

mann this isn't working.....!!!

but thanks alot for your help, though. i guess i'll have to find another way to do it ^_^