Installing videos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SmokinAce09, Oct 13, 2009.

1. SmokinAce09

SmokinAce09 New Member

Hey guys,
    I have a 32gig 3rd generation ipod touch. I have several movies on my laptop that I want to put on my ipod. I read to install handbrake, but I don't understand how use it. Can someone point me in a direction to an easier program or help me through it so I can convert my movies to MP4 so I can run the movies on my ipod touch?
    Thank you
  2. ipodtouch is dabest

ipodtouch is dabest Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i use Leawo and Format Factory. both i believe are free and very easy to use

Please Register or Log in to view images

then just add them to iTunes
  3. mikemakesmusic

mikemakesmusic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I use Format Factory as well. It's a free dl. Great program! I used it to convert a bunch of AVIs I had created from home movies. Once installed, click on the video tab on the left side of the screen. Choose "All To Mobile Device". Then, make sure the format is "MP4 HD AVC (H264) 640x480". From there, navigate to the files you want to convert and WHAM-O! It'll do the rest. Be aware, it can take awhile for the files to convert. I did them overnight. Works great!
  4. musa92k

musa92k Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i used dvd soft free studio. its an awesome little converter which does alot more than just convert videos for your ipod it also converts youtube videos to mp3 and other stuff. check it out. plus you dont need HD videos. you won't be able to tell on a screen that small. just select the ipod touch setting 480x320 and it'll look pretty much HD all my movies do as they are all formatted for the screen. the HD just takes up more space without any noticable differences.

sorry forgot to say that this is also free

and here is the link: http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm