Installing themes 3.0

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by neil_1821, Sep 5, 2009.

1. neil_1821

neil_1821 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    OK i have searched google and forums so forgive me if you have answered these before but all the topics that come up are very old

I see people used to use summerboard to install themese so i'm guessing you now use winterboard?

I'm also assuming that to install the themes from your PC (I'm on windows) you have to use WinSCP to SSH into your device?

If all the above is correct can someone tell me what directories you have to put certain folders into? e.g i've currently got the Matte Nano theme on my computer, in the zip file it contained 2 folders, one calle MAtte Nano and one called MACOSX, so if someone could explain in laymen terms i'd be very gratful

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

You have to use winterboard. Get WinSCP on your computer and OpenSSH in Cydia on your iDevice.

Open WinSCP the host name is your iDevice's Wi-fi Address.

SSH into /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX. Drag the theme into there. Activate using Winterboard. Let your iDevice respring, enjoy.
  3. neil_1821

neil_1821 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So in the /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX location you'd just drag the entire matte nano theme folder which includes all icons, wallpaper, lockscreen and theme layout files?

If that correct t I'm sure I'll be able to figure the rest out. Thanks for the help

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

Yup, that's what you have to do, and no problem.