Installing the SSH app after JB

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by petercockroach, Jan 28, 2008.

1. petercockroach

petercockroach New Member

Anyone know how to do it? Is it already there? I used ipodtouchmaster's package (thank you!!) but I don't see SSH after JB.
  2. SUPERBXD

SUPERBXD Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    if you jailbreaked 1.1.2 Correctly SSH should still be there , just install Services.app under Ultilties in installer and turn SSH on , theres no icon for SSH in Jailbreak 1.1.3 YET
  3. petercockroach

Well, that didn't work...I did have it installed on 1.1.2 but it didn't show up on my Springboard. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it put me into recovery mode. Luckily I could use iNdependence to get out of it but it doesn't help me much.

Also, thanks to the guy who posted the zip file, but is that a joke? Is there a way for me to put that in the Applications folder without SSH??
  4. lvlln

lvlln New Member

What about changing the SSH password from the default of alpine? I haven't figured out a way to do that without the SSH app.
  5. petercockroach

Anyone figured this out yet / having a similar problem?
  6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Try downloading Boss Prefs and activating SSH from there...... OPENSSH doesnt have a Springboard icon..... although the 1.1.2 Jailbreak.jar does....
  7. petercockroach

No dice. It says it's enabled, I've been able to login to my vt100 using root/alpine but SSH won't work when I try to connect with Fetch. It worked before...??
  8. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Hve you confirmed the IP address is correct in Fetch? ( I use Windows Vista so am basing my knowledge on WINSCP )......

What error do you get.....if any?
  9. petercockroach

Double, triple, quadruple checked! It says "SFTP connection could not be opened because the connection to the SFTP server could not be established or was lost"-try gain, verify username, pass, etc.
  10. elguapo76

elguapo76 New Member

try changing your ip for your iPod touch on your router it worked for me.