Installing poker app with ssh

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by aholeinthewor1d, Jan 8, 2009.

1. aholeinthewor1d

aholeinthewor1d New Member

ok well first i have searched around pretty good before i posted this so please help me out..i know how to connect to the Ipod with winSCP i used it to put some NES roms on it....i came across THTouch 0.32 after seraching and have it on my computer...after unzipping it the folder is named "THTouch-0.32e" and inside that folder is another one named "THTouch.app" and inside that folder is all the application files needed....i tried putting the THTouch.app folder in the directory "/private/var/mobile/Applications"....this didnt work its prob not even the right directory which is why im asking this..im sure i have the whole game and all the files so how can i install this app...(please dont tell me to go to the App Store...i know its only one dollar but i am trying to learn how to do as much as possible with my ipod...and i came across the application free and im sure its not gonna be the only time i need to know how to install an app that i have on my computer)......thanks a lot in advance for anyone who helps with this

~~EDIT~~
    ok i kept trying and i tried the directory "/private/var/stash/Applications.J08Kp1" then once i reset the springboard the THTouch icon appeared on the SB...when i click to open the app the main screen of the game comes up then it just closes and goes back to my SB....i really dont think its a bad app i downloaded because i also have a previous version and it does the same thing...older icon shows up on the SB then click it and it crashes...i would really appreciate if someone can help me get this to work...i can provied you with the game
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You have downloaded THTouch for the firmware 1.* jailbreaks. You are obviously on 2.* firmware so it won't work on your device.

The author took his great creation forward to the Appstore when the firmware was upped to 2.*. No old 1.* apps worked on the new toolchain and so had to be ported/rewritten . I bought THTouch from the Appstore based on the fun I had on the 1.* jailbreak version. Well worth a dollar.

Now please take note that if an app is on the appstore any discussion of using it for free will not be tolerated here.

My suggestion is this. If you want to learn more about what to do with your device then read ALL the sticky posts in each forum and cruise other iPod Touch sites on the internet.

If you have any other questions I would be happy to try and help.
  3. aholeinthewor1d

aholeinthewor1d New Member

i have version 0.32 which from what i read on this forum is the one that works on 2.x