Installing new applications fails

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MADE, May 17, 2008.

1. MADE

MADE New Member

Hey guys,

I've got a problem with installing new applications via Installer on my jailbroken iPod touch with the newest Firmware.

Many weeks everything was fine and i was able to install and uninstall every app i wanted. Also when updating Installer to the newest version a week ago everything was fine for some days. But since yesterday everytime I try to download a Programm the Installation fails. After downloading the App and after the "process of installation"-loading bar is displayed (which doen't get filled) the installer exits - and i only see my empty wallpaper for about two seconds, with the statusbar on top, where the loading animation moves.
    Then i get back to my Home-Screen where no new Icon appeared, and also in the list of installed apps i can't find the one i tried to install...

The problem first occured after i installed the gpSPhone-emulator which lets you play GBA ROMs on your touch... Before everything was completely normal...

I would be really pleased if you could help me with my problem.

If my text reads crappy or sounds pretty strange please don't worry, i'm from Germany and probably not too good in English...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thank you yet now,
    MADE
  2. interestingkid

interestingkid Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hmm strange problem
    my first advice is that you just start over again with freshly restored ipod and try again
    my second advice is that it might have something to do with permissions (chmod -R 777 /Applications/Installer.app)
  3. eleonoro

eleonoro New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think that happened to me once let me think..........ah! yeah i think you need to ssh go to your applications and erase the ones that you don't have installed like gpsphone (it will be there doesn't matter if it doesn't installed while in installer) but it won't be on the springboard if im correct that will help

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. MADE

MADE New Member

Well, thank you very much for your kind advice, but i figured out an even easier and dumber solution: I just deleted the last program i was able to install and now can download and install every app again... I should have tried that much earlier...

Still thank you very much for your help again!