Installing Itunes apps after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by l84thsky, Nov 14, 2009.

1. l84thsky

l84thsky New Member

I jailbroke my 3rd Gen Itouch (3.1.2), and it works fine. Now I notice I can't install any official software onto my Itouch. I paid for it, downloaded it to Itunes, but when I try to transfer it, it doesn't show up on my Itouch.
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    try to reboot or respring your ipod.
  3. l84thsky

l84thsky New Member

I rebooted and retethered my Itouch. I stand corrected, the problem is only happening with one program, since I was able to transfer a different one.

The program is MotionX GPS. I have it on Itunes but can't tranfer it. I tried to download it wirelessly, but Itunes can't find it correctly. I search for the program, it finds it in a list, then when I select it from a list, the wrong program pops up. I even tried looking for it under "Navigation" programs, and it's not there.
  4. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you have an iphone 3GS, if not, theres your problem.
  5. l84thsky

l84thsky New Member

6. IclassicI

IclassicI New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey l84thsky, I left you a pm, not sure if you got it or not. I recently bought a iPod touch 32gig 3gen, and am interested in jailbreaking it an putting gps on it. I have lots of question and I'm really confused whether it's possible to jb a 3gen iPod? I see that you have a 32gig 3rd gen like mine with gps and am very interested to know how you did it and how you like using igps360? And if anyone out there uses gps for golfing apps (for gps on the golf course)? Thx for your time

- classic
  7. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    You can jailbreak every iDevice, but you can't put GPS on an iPod touch (Any model what so ever).
  8. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

The problem is the App itself won't install. While it's supposed to be able to install, it's completely useless to you.

I've got TomTom installed and use that on-the-go for mapping, so GPS based apps do work (though without GPS)

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    LOL where have I been?
  10. IclassicI

IclassicI New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've been in contact with orangegadgets and they told me that it would work on my iPod only if I jailbreak it first. Well, they also said that I would have to dl the course(seeing how I don't have Internet while on the course) before I go out. But they said that the app would work with the gps with my iPod. I dunno, I'm lost lol?? And is there problems with jb a 32gig 3rd gen iPod? Thx

-classic