installing iphone apps using a Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone Applications on iPod touch' started by vallyglenn, Oct 31, 2007.

1. vallyglenn

vallyglenn New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered a dozen times, put I've waded through pages and couldn't find them

I have a mac, installed cyberduck, and connected to my ipot. Here's my questions

1. The instructions say to "put the apps in /Applications/, but I don't see that option. The folders I see are "Library", "Media", and "Touchfree".
    Should I create a folder called applications?

2. I understand that I need to "change the file permission to 755", but I am unclear how to do that. The instructions seem to be for a p.c., where "properties" is an option. But how do you do it on a mac?

Again, I apologize if the answers are elsewhere, and thanks!
  2. wildrice128

wildrice128 New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    It sounds like you're in the wrong directory. Go down in the folder tree as far as you can go, and /applications/ should be waiting for you (there should be quite a few other folders there as well). As far as properties go, i dont' know how to do that through ftp, but you can change each individual file's permissions using the squid or or mobilefinder apps directly on your touch.