Installing help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by LeSnak, Jul 8, 2009.

1. LeSnak

LeSnak New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I was reading some threads on people wanting cydia apps uploaded from a site where they can dl it without wifi and SSHing them onto their iPhone/iPod Touch.

I have found this link: http://ipodtouchtricks.net/ipod-touch-tutorials/how-to-install-deb-files-on-ipod-touchiphone/ where there is a guide on how to install them.It uses WinSCP but I am using iFunBox so will there be a different process?On the link it said to put the .deb in the 'tmp' folder;where is that folder?and how can I do this in iFunBox?

I have found this site at Big Boss: http://thebigboss.org/hosting-repository/.There are most of the cydia packages i can dl without wifi.I want to know if this a good site;if there are any viruses etc.I want to know how to install them as I mentioned above.

I'm sorry for asking so much but I really need to know how to do this using iFunBox and all the stuff mentioned.I'll appreciate all the help and tips given.

Thank you so much
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    to answer a few of your questions..

the tmp directory is at /tmp

and bigboss is one of the most respected repos in the jailbreaking community, feel free to download from them

as for installing, i swear there was different method involving the autoinstall folder (at this point someone with more experience corrects me

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  3. LeSnak

LeSnak New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for replying
    sorry but I hope someone gives me an explanation on the autoinstall folder method
    PLEASE
  4. LeSnak

LeSnak New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Please I need help

after one week no one has answered my query yet

Please Register or Log in to view images

!!!please I need help
  5. LeSnak

LeSnak New Member

Device: