Installing C++

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by justan, Feb 9, 2009.

1. justan

justan New Member

So for the jb program I want to use I need C++. Now I dont have admin privilages on my account so I couldnt download it but I remembered the password for an account that does. If I install the C++ Redistributable package on that account will it also be on all the others? The only reason Im asking is because I dont want to have to go into safe mode to give myself admin privilages if I dont have to.

Also, this is a repost. No one replied to my other one and its just getting bumped down the list, so any replies would be great. Thanks,

Justan
  2. mikeman118

mikeman118 New Member

Wow. You posted a thread 40 minutes ago, and now you've re-posted the exact same thing. You got to give people time, they don't live to answer your question. Seeing as you have a lot more posts than I do I would think you'd know that.

Anyway, as to your question if you don't have admin privileges than it probably won't let you install it anyway, but if it does I think it should work on all accounts.
  3. justan

justan New Member

I will admit, I was a tad impatient. Usually people answer within 5 minutes so I was just expecting a quick reply.

I know I cant install it on mine, thats why Im asking that if I install it under a different user that does have admin privilages will it be on all accounts?
  4. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142838

this is why people don't want to help people like you. learn to be patient, it's vital in life.

as for the c++ package, it's nothing more than a library (or set of multiple libraries) that are needed to run applications compiled with visual c++
  5. justan

justan New Member

I know, and I apologized for that already, im just in a rush.

Anyway, I know what C++ is, my question was, since I dont have admin privilages on my account I cant install it. If I install it under a different account that has admin privilages will it be under all the accounts?
  6. mikeman118

mikeman118 New Member

Yeah, like johnnyboi said, it's just libraries, so the program will be able to access it whether or not you have admin privileges.
  7. justan

justan New Member

ok thanks
  8. Clash

Clash New Member

I don't get you guys, you guys would rather wait 1 hour to get a reply than "wasting" 5 mins to just install it and test it... you guys don't really want to do anything, do you? Want everything fed directly to your mouth
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Isn't that how it basically is in the world?