Installing Apps w/ TTCommander

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Baha, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Baha

Baha New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok. So I have this ipod and the Wifi thing won't work. I have tried everything to fix it but it won't connect to any network.
    I'm guessing the WIFI device is broken.

So anyway. I jailbroke this ipod (this is my friend's ipod btw) and that's when i realized I wasn't going to be able to download anything from Cydia

So i decided to try and do it through USB. I got TTCommander, i got inside the ipod and pretty much can do anything i want.

I copied the NES.app from my OWN ipod (jailbroken working fine) and I tried to put that NES.app into private\var\stash\applications.o7x13n\ and I restarted the ipod and I can see the NES emulator Icon !!

So yes it is there. The problem is when I try to start this NES emulator it opens and closes quickly.

Anyone knows the solution to this? the file restrictions seem to be right (it was fine on my ipod) but I don't know how to modify the restrictions using TTC.

Anyone can help? thanks
  2. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My friends' iPod had a wifi problem too. You could see the networks but not connect or sometimes they just wouldn't show up. To fix it I went to Settings> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings. After that the wifi worked.

As for the NES you need to have two folders -one named "ROMs" in /var/root/Media/ -the other named "NES" goes inside the ROMs folder.

Place your NES roms under: "/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES"

Source: http://www.iphonealley.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2148
  3. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    as for your NES problem have you set permissions?
  4. Baha

Baha New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well the permissions for the folder on my own ipod are 0755 and the NES app is working fine there.

I copied that folder to the desktop and then I copied that to the other ipod using TTC.
    I don't know how to freaking check or set the permissions with TTC or any of those USB browsers. But I'm guessing it has the permissions set to 0755 because its like a direct copy.

Still it opens and closes the app. I tried with ScummVM and i can see the ScummVM loadscreen and then it closes...

The Wifi doesn't seem to work either way. I have tried EVERYTHING and it just won't work. Idk what's wrong with it. I see the networks but it wont connect no matter what i do or try
  5. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if other apps are doing it then it might be the iPod
  6. Baha

Baha New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well just the apps that I'm copying using TTC aren't working but the apps that i sync with iTunes are working fine...

Is there something else besides just copying the .app to the applications folder?
    I wonder where I'm going wrong.