Installing app store apps via ssh

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sethjj360, Jan 19, 2010.

1. sethjj360

sethjj360 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to install original(non cracked) apps without using itunes. I tried using the ssh method, and the icon appears, but the app shuts down as soon as it starts. Does anyone know how to get it to work ?

thanks!
  2. tomcooldrummer

tomcooldrummer New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Why don't you just USE iTunes if they are original apps? To me this looks like you trying to get around the rules of the site.
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I agree with you on this one.

But to answer the question. Apple has their own original way to install applications on the iPod / iPhone. Unless you find some way to mimic this installation method, there is no way to do it. Sorry.
  4. sethjj360

sethjj360 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well if you must know, I have a 1st gen Ipod and itunes requires a 2nd gen ipod to install the application. My friend has the same application on his 2nd ipod and it requires the most minimal features whatsoever. So, I'm trying to find a way to install it on my ipod because I'm convinced it should work, but anytime I try to install it through itunes it gives me a message say "itunes cannot install this application because it is not compatible with your ipod".
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    have you tried setting permissions to 755? use mobile terminal to do that. plus, if it says "itunes cannot install this application because it is not compatible with your ipod", then the APP isn't compatible...probably.

Please Register or Log in to view images