Installing A Back Cover on iPhone 3G?? [HELP]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SomaliMahamed, Jan 11, 2010.

1. SomaliMahamed

SomaliMahamed Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Are there companies that install replacement back cover on iPhones? The reason why i'm asking is because, I don't want to risk breaking my iPhone.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  3. maxam

maxam Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just buy a case.
  4. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I'd be interested in this as well. Buying a case, as was suggested adds bulk to the phone. Not to mention, some of us (like me

are anal about how their back cover looks

5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

It's not that hard to do; just a few small parts and some patience is all it takes.

I imagine anyone that advertises a screen replacement would also be willing to do a back case. If you really don't want to try it yourself check Craigslist for screen replacement people and ask them about doing it.

There are some places you can send in your iPhone for repair but I'm not sure I'd be that comfortable sending my iPhone to anyone.
  6. noobstix

noobstix New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I did this. If there's any advice to give
    1. Don't do it unless yours is broken
    2. be patient, apple crams so much in there and it takes some time and some tweezers to get small parts like the volume roller and camera to fit in.
    3. make sure you glue your bezel to the case once all the parts below it are fitted. this will prevent the case from coming apart at the seams ( like mine)
    4. If you do not make the iphone close properly, the home button will not be able to make contact with the piece below it and therefore won't work
    5. Don't worry if the screen doesn't turn on when you're done, it just needs restarting either by home button and sleep. or if your home button is broken, then just keep it on and flick the mute button on and off to drain the battery and it will reset when you charge it.
    *edit*

As you can see, the bottom piece of plastic is already cracked and growing (y)
  7. SomaliMahamed

SomaliMahamed Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Wow.. How long did it take you to install this?
  8. noobstix

noobstix New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A whole evening. A lesson learnt, "If it aint broken, don't fix it!"
  9. buckchucko

buckchucko Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My 3g backcase started cracking a few months after I got it. No reason, never been bounced or put in my pocket. So I took it to the iPhone gurus in Bangkok to get my backcase replaced. They said this is not as easy as it looks. It would take them a few hours and the cost would be $180!!!

I'm a camera repair technician over 35 years with tools out the kazoo and I'm not gonna do it either. You are opening up a big can of worms screwing with it. Carefully apply a small dose of superglue and let it go.

My 2 cents......