InstallerApp by Ripdev: Jailbreak Apps Without Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Ipwnnubletz, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Recently, the company who made Installer possible, has released new software named InstallerApp. Since then, I've seen a few people asking if it was possible to just install OpenSSH on an unjailbroken iPod/iPhone, which will allow us to have the functionalities of a jailbreak, but without a jailbreak.

You are wrong.

Kindly let me explain. InstallerApps is an app that allows you to install Cydia/Installer packages right on your computer. So basically, it's like an iTunes for Cydia. Right on your computer. You can manage your jailbroken apps right on your home PC. Even if installing OpenSSH was possible, we would not be allowed access to the root partition of the iPhone/iPod.

But for a cost of $7 USD.

I hope this has clarified some things.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/24/debunk-jailbroken-apps-on-a-non-jailbroken-iphone-not-quite/
  2. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd rather use quickpwn

Please Register or Log in to view images

(if i had an older device of course)
  3. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i don't think you understand what this does

form what i'm reading, its like giving itunes the ability to jailbreak your ipod
    so, you have a jailbreaker/app downloader+manager all on your computer
    except that this one manages your jailbroken content, not your app store apps (though maybe it manages those too)

this sounds pretty cool, but, i don't really feel like paying money for it, not to sound cheap
  4. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Kindly reread the article before accusing someone.
    Wrong, it's an alternative piece of software LIKE iTunes, but no way related to it.
    Like I said above, it's an alternative app.
  5. ExtremePod

ExtremePod New Member

Ripdev released software a while back called Pusher that was very similar to this. It allowed you to install Installer on your device without jailbreaking it. According to them, it is now a part of the InstallerApp package. Engadget didn't review it favorably, and I agree that if you want jailbroken functionality, you should jailbreak. Period. IMHO, Ripdev doesn't deserve one red cent of your money, especially for a product as useless and ill-thought out as this.
  6. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wait a minute... So InstallerApp DOES jailbreak your iPhone. How does it do that- it's like an on-the-fly temporary or what? Explain how RipDev's tweaking of the system is different from PwnageTool. Plus this is iPhone Only (but someone can easily make a bundle).

BTW You can still find the original Pusher Application (for Mac) on several sites. PM me for a link if you want...
  7. sublimepua

sublimepua New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it like quickpwns it. so it works for everything EXCEPT the ipod touch 2g
  8. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

I'd think about it if it supported iPod touch's.