Installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andrew!, Aug 29, 2008.

1. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i know this may seem like a full blown stupid ass thread but are there a lot of apps on installer 4 yet? i dont have an ipod as im waiting for the alleged 2nd gen touch to be released

Please Register or Log in to view images

but... how many apps have been ported?
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Installer 4 sucks. Go with Cydia.

And for your other question, a bunch of apps have been put into the App Store for $$$, and there are many apps being ported to Cydia or the App Store as of now. Many good apps (emulators, MxTube, Customize) have already been ported and are working well.
  3. diegohuyke

diegohuyke New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah I agree installer 4 BETA sucks ( remember it's not done yet ), but from what I'm seeing cydia is WAY better... and no there aren't alot of apps in installer rather in cydia. The only thing that installer has that cydia does not is kate, but kate is still in beta also ( plus you have to pay ). In conclusion no, installer for 2.0 does not have too many apps, but cydia for 2.0 DOES.
  4. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    dang... i always thought that no one likes cydia... haha

thanks for the posts guys
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Nobody did like Cydia before because it was different, but now it's massively more supported and it's gained more attention than ever. It is a lot better than Installer right now, Installer cannot even refresh sources correctly without crashing one out of every 2 times.