Installer?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by super fly, Feb 9, 2010.

1. super fly

super fly New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't actually want it for downloading apps but somehow in the mix of updating to 3.1.3 from 2.2.1 and jailbreaking over again I have some bookmarks (okay a LOT of bookmarks) from installer that are still on my iPod. I would like to try to get rid of them and I have deleted them all individually but they just come back.

So is there a way to get installer back or some way to get rid of these blank bookmarks for good?

I have searched and just came up with people telling other people to search and people saying that installer is a piece.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Installer was garbage and was shut down July 1st.
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Installer stopped being supported in favor of Icy in mid-2009 due to everyone going over to Debian package repositories. Then Icy stopped when Rip.dev closed its doors late last year due to some issues within the team.

At this point, almost all software that's not on App Store will be found in Cydia repos. And are these bookmarks webclips or actual bookmarks in Safari? IF it's the former, iBlank from Cydia can kill all webclips with an option. Otherwise you can manually delete them by SSHing into your iPod and killing them from the /var/stash/Applications folder that Cydia will create.
  4. super fly

super fly New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried iblank and that didn't work. Is there no app like mobile find anymore?
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

There's iFile from Cydia, which has a 'trial' mode that doesn't include the text-editing features.
  6. zekegeek

zekegeek New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I liked Installer. I'm kinda mad they took it down.
  7. super fly

super fly New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Even though iblank didn't work I deleted the webclips folder and they're all gone now. Thanks everyone