installer working or not?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lordemil, Feb 2, 2008.

1. lordemil

lordemil Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    does installer works for you guys? cuz i cant install any thing, keeps giving me a 'package download failed: cannot find host'. i am right next to my wifi router.
  2. djphatbeat

djphatbeat New Member

Ive just updated in the last few days and I've found the it doesnt work most of the time. It hangs during the source refreshing part.

Anyone else having this trouble?
  3. Fishin' Guru

Fishin' Guru New Member

Same problem

Yeah today i uploaded the newest version of Installer and now every time i click to install a package it says "package download failed: timed out!" or "package download failed: cannot find host." I have a perfect WiFi signal et my house too
  4. 4nic8tor

4nic8tor New Member

Mine also stopped working as soon as I updated to 3.0. I am getting the package download failed:timed out same as everyone else. If it makes any difference...I had patched my firmware to look like 1.1.3 so that iTunes thinks it is current. Perhaps the new Installer sees that and tries to run in mobile mode instead of root or something. I have also had apps which will not install because they think that they do not support this firmware version but it is actually 1.1.2. Are you guys who are having this issue with the new installer also patched to appear as 1.1.3??
  5. kitren2

kitren2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same here does the xact same thing every time
  6. themerceny

themerceny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yeah i updated to the newest installer and i cant seem to refresh my sources. it just hangs on the screen. the status bar doesnt event move even after 1 hour. and i have good wifi strength too.
  7. 4nic8tor

4nic8tor New Member

Yeah, so much for my 1.1.3 patch theory. I uninstalled the patch and it still doesn't work.
  8. billiam133

billiam133 New Member

I can sometimes get it to start the download but then it goes really,really, slow and I'm sitting right next to my wifi
  9. Guciox

Guciox New Member

I have the same problem...
  10. 4nic8tor

4nic8tor New Member