Installer won't work and i'm getting on a plane soon too =X

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by da1geek, Mar 13, 2008.

1. da1geek

da1geek New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ahh, please help if yuo can, i already adressed a similar problem that was solved. However the same thing won't fix it. For whatever reason installer refuses to, well, install. I've refreshed bsd subysystems or however you spell it, to no avail. I've restarded.

Everything stops installing when it reaches the "installing" portion on the progress bar. Please help as soon as you can, if you can. I'm getting on a plane in a few hours so help would be great!

Thanks again
  2. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you could try re jailbreaking it
  3. stromboli1994

stromboli1994 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you're probably out of space. Just uninstall a few things so you have room, then install bosstools from installer and use it to move your apps to the larger disk partition.
  4. uofmkev

uofmkev New Member

Yah, the last post by stromboli is exactly what you have to do
  5. da1geek

da1geek New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I wish that were the problem

I'm almost at the airport now and unfortunately that is deffinately not the problem... I still have 5+gigs left...
  6. hehe1

hehe1 New Member

eeerrrhmmm....thats not what he ment,hes trying to say that you should use boss tool and press relocate fonts (or something like that,not sure) to free up space to download stuff since theres 2 parts,300mb drive,and the original one,and installer uses the 300mb drive,and by jailbreaking ur touch,there is only 2 mb left(well only for 1.1.3 and 1.1.4),and by using bosstool ...you get 86 mb of free space^ ^ hope i helped.
    If i did press the scale under me and +rep me
  7. qazwsx

qazwsx New Member

you have 5.5 gigs left in the media section. The apps are in a different partion/section (im not sure how the ipod is set up) but that space has much less memory.
  8. da1geek

da1geek New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks so much for the quick reply and explanation. Right now i'm at the terminal and i'm getting on the plane in a few minuites.. Hopefully enough time to make this work.

Just to make sure i'm correct, we only have a about 500 mb of total space for extra, installed apps? I was wondering what you were talking about... i WAS starring at itunes going "what are they talking about i have a whole four gigs left!

Thanks again... I'm checking it now so i'll let you know if it works =]
  9. da1geek

da1geek New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ah still not working =[

Right now i'm not sure what i can do. I am connected to the internet and i must be completely out of space because i can't even download bosstools. I can't un-install any applications either because at the very end of every un-install for the app it just returns me to the main menu. Sorry for all the questions so thanks again =]
  10. da1geek

da1geek New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Now it decides to like me T_T

ok so now i finally got bosstools to install and fortunately you were right, i'm full on the smaller drive. UN-fortunately, my itouch started to hate me and bosstools refuses to move my apps. The amount of disk space in both doesn't change and I recive no error message. Is there a newer version or something? (this one is 0.35)