installer wont install other apps

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by adam_a.d.d., Oct 12, 2007.

1. adam_a.d.d.

adam_a.d.d. New Member

ive put installer on ive figured that much out. i went to put nes on it and it got to installing and i got an error "error during install script execution". now when it connects to itunes it says restore itunes so i try that and it says error 18 is my ipod savable?
  2. picaso

picaso New Member

And you are sure you followed and read all the instructions cos its stated there (Including the issue you just described)
  3. adam_a.d.d.

adam_a.d.d. New Member

4. evilballoon

evilballoon New Member

Do you still have the 300 mb limitation?
    After you fix that with the ssh it should also restore iTunes functionality...if you did all that fine I guess you should just restore it and start over.
    Start the iPod into recovery mode (some button combination when restarting, or type "enterrecovery" into iPhuc) so that it shows the usb cord and the itunes logo in the iPod's display, and restore from there and jailbreak again.
  5. lecudas

lecudas New Member

So is Installer.app compatible with the touch? It says on the website:

"This does not work with iPod Touch or iPhone firmware 1.1.1 at this time."

Does it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. adam_a.d.d.

adam_a.d.d. New Member

i managed to get the installer to put nes on it. it runs terminal just quits it said i should install something else doom just quits i tried to check if i did everything with the restore itunes syncing part right and now i have nothing in my var folder

the installer app does work

and yes i had the 300 limit and then this happened
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

If you're getting error 18, then you have no choice but to do a forced restore. And progress you make now would just be wasting your time.

Hold sleep and power buttons until the iPod both powers off and restarts again.
    Once the Apple logo is on screen, keep holding the Home button, but let go of the sleep button.
    Hold the home button for 20 - 30 seconds, until the Apple loge turns into the iTunes + cable image. Then let go of the Home buton and reconnect to itunes.
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Yes, yes it is compatible. Look in the top right corner of my iPod.
  9. adam_a.d.d.

adam_a.d.d. New Member

ive tried to do it 4 times it took unnaturally long to boot and it just cuts to the hold screen maybe other files that were important were lost too now i checked it only has 100 mb with no apps installed just installer

wait wait i got it thank you soo much im done with installing apps until a easier install comes out im sorry for the trouble