installer wont downlaod anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by anthonym987, Feb 21, 2008.

1. anthonym987

anthonym987 New Member

it just says cant download file....

so i need your help please...
  2. jacekrequiem

jacekrequiem New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Try to delete all Untiltled Sources. Sometimes helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. xBENNYTEA636x

xBENNYTEA636x New Member

Yeah this is happening to me as well.
  4. jwinters78

jwinters78 New Member

Check out my post from another thread. My end goal below was to be able to install for the jailbroken 1.1.3... but if you're trying to just get installer to work, you can follow the first steps and never go to the upgrade.

One other fast thing to try it to clear your download queue. If there is a f*ed file in there, every time your iPod tries to download it starts with that file. If you empty your queue, then it wont' get stuck on that file.

Here was my post:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34318&page=8

i had this VERY FRUSTRATING problem... heres what I did:

1. restore iPod to 1.1.1, when it reboots -- DISCONNECT IT FROM YOUR COMPUTER (and make sure automatic sync is OFF)
    2. Open Safari on your iPoT --> jailbreakme.com (wait for it to install and take you to unlock screen)
    3. Enter the new installer on your screen, let it load the directory (and click thru the pop-ups)
    4. Click 'install' (2nd from the left at the bottom) --> scroll down to 'sources' folder in the list --> click 'Community Sources', and install.
    5. Once that is finished, I found A SUCCESSFUL OkToPrep install in the directory with all the other installs.
    6. Reconnect iPod to the computer, and upgrade (NOT RESTORE) to 1.1.2
    7. Jailbreak according to all the other instructions with the 1.1.2 jailbreak files (the one with the .jar file)
    8. You now have a 1.1.2 jailbroken iPod Touch fully ready to upgrade to a jailbroken 1.1.3 (I used ipodtouchmaster.com -- took just over an hour to install... but in the end I went from jb1.1.2 to FULL APPS jb1.1.3 with very easy steps.)

I didn't isolate the variables to know whether success was determined by disconnecting iPod before jailbreakme.com, turning off sync, or going directly to community sources first off (without adding a failed file to the top of the queue). At any rate, I spent countless hours trying to get this to work, and what I wrote above is exactly how I got it to work.

All I can say is that it is SO worth the work. It is a truly amazing little gadget. I only wish it had a vibrate option or ringer to set up alarms on iCal. Oh well...
  5. dionysus623

dionysus623 New Member

before you do all that go into installer, install an app., when the bubble pops up hit clear queue then restart your springboard through SMBPrefs, killBoard, or how ever you like to do it and see if it works then
  6. windycitycubs

windycitycubs New Member

what jwinters said
  7. anthonym987

anthonym987 New Member

thanks the clear queue thing woked, just have to play around with it i guess.
  8. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah this happened to me earlier. All you have to do is go to the uninstall tab and go to BSD Subsystem and tap the reinstall button on the top right of the screen. This should fix your problem
  9. stinkypooman

stinkypooman New Member

mine did that too but it just fixed itself after a few days. so just wait like 3 days
  10. brad145473

brad145473 New Member

clear qeue thing work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!