installer update

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by cinek, Sep 25, 2008.

1. cinek

cinek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    installer just asked me if I want to update, so I pressed UPDATE - then there was an update of community sources...... after upgrading both, tried to refresh sources and guess what - it CRASHED and my ipod froze........
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well thats nothing new really

Every 2.x version has been god awful

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    My iPhone managed to install the community sources update but now I see the wonderful little wheel of death going round and round... waiting for it to finally crash, ugh... damned Installer.
  4. cainy

cainy New Member

installer has died really since 1.1.4, cydia is the way to go now
  5. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't understand why people are continuing to bother with Installer on 2.x?
  6. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    You make a good point, I don't even really use it, just kinda open it to check out what's new or worthwhile... Next time around (next firmware update) I'm not going to bother with it.
  7. SRizzle

SRizzle New Member

same thing here guys....updated installer...it rebooted fine then i tryed to update community sources and got the spinning ring into a stuck in reboot
  8. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    SRizzle: mine ended up restarting after a long time and then just kept restarting at the Apple after several minutes of trying to boot up. I had to SSH into my iPhone to rename the WatchDog Process bundle and then reboot (similar to the process used in 2.0.X where you rename the Applications folder to get the iPhod to boot up, except you're not required to reinstall anything once it does boot and this method is slightly slower), and then wait, until it booted up on its own finally - and then rename the watchdog process back to normal.

I am never updating anything in Installer again, lol!
  9. SRizzle

SRizzle New Member

yeah i just decided to put it in DFU and re-pwn this time not checking the installer box lol
  10. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Don't blame you one bit... I would manually delete mine if I didn't think my iPhone might implode into its own black hole...