Installer Update not working! HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by elmachotaco, Jun 27, 2008.

1. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

Ok so I was experience issues with my ipod, so I figured I would restore it and re-jailbreak it. Everything was working perfectly up until Installer asked me if I wanted to update Installer. I clicked Update Now. It installed the package etc. Then when I went back to open Installer, it would simply open up a blank installer menu. I could see the bar at the bottom where "Install" "Update" "Sources" would normally be listed but there was absolutely nothing there and everything else was just a blank page. This is still continuing to happen as I am attempting to restore it etc. But nothing is working. I jailbroke it with ZiPhone.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!
  2. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

Do not make multiple threads on the same issue. With that said, redo your restore.
  3. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

This has absolutely nothing to do with my other thread that I posted, I only put my iPod into recovery mode because I was experiencing those issues listed in the other thread that was posted. This is a separate topic about how the new Installer.app update simply does not work on my iPod with the new issues given in my earlier post of this thread.
  4. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

This is a RE occurring problem. Everytime I do the jailbreak, it just keeps happening when I try and update to to new installer.
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Rejailbreak (Make sure with ZiPhone so you have OpenSSH installed immediately), and then SSh into your iPod, and replace /Applications/Installer.app (folder) with this folder
  6. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

Ok, now that I am trying to do what you said. I re-jailbroke my iPod. I went into Installer and attempted to download the OpenSSH, it said, "You must first download BSD Subsystem first" so I went and tried to download the BSD Subsystem package and at first it said "You must first download BSD Subsystem first" and I was like what the hell. So I quit out of Installer. I went back in and tried to download it again, and it said "Package Download Failed!". So I figured I would download BossTool to try and free up some disk space, and I got the same error "Package Download Failed!"

I'm beginning to wonder why this jailbreak has become so difficult all of a sudden, considering it worked flawlessly the first time I did it when I got my iPod right out of the package.
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Wait, if you JB'ed with ZiPhone 3.0, you will already have BSD and OpenSSH installed.
  8. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

Wait so why would they be available to download in installer? And that still doesn't fix my BossTool issue.
  9. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

Ok now I downloaded OpenSSH. But I am now having trouble SSH'ing into my ipod.

I'm using Cute FTP.

For the host I'm putting in the IP Address and the user name is Root and the password is Alpine. But it's asking me for a port etc and it always fails to connect.

Any other good programs aside from this one?
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You don't neccessarily need to BossTool, and you can SSH it in if you really need.

For SSH: username: root (lowercase!!) password: alpine (lowercase!!) port: 22

Make sure you're connecting using SFTP or SCP, not straight FTP.