Installer suddenly fails with some apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Aether, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Aether

Aether New Member

Hi and hello.

I've got a jailbroken iTouch 16GB (1.1.4), and have had no problem with it in the last half year. Last week tough, when I wanted to update the Euro2008 app, the installer would download it, start the update process, stand still, and after a minute throw me back to the springboard. Maybe some sort of file error, I tought, so I deleted the Euro2008 app, and tried a fresh install. Same "error". Well, maybe app bug. So I waited for an update. Today there was one, I tried again to install, it started downloading, then proceeded with the "Installing package..." and oops... back to the springboard.

Well, and now I'm really worried because afterwards I wanted to update BossPrefs... and exactly the same trouble ! It won't start anymore by the way, BossPrefs stopped working at all.

On the other side I could update PuzzleManiak without any problem.

So what's wrong ? What can I do ?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    You probably ran out of disk space. You need to delete some apps then install boss tool and relocate app, etc. or you can install cydia that frees up disk space on install and it better than boss tool. Hope this helps
  3. Aether

Aether New Member

Thanks a lot. The main partition was indeed full, such a crap... I had to delete lots and lots of applications and skins in order to even get only 2MB of free space (I must have deleted at least 10 or 15MB, don't know why it didn't show the free space). Anyway, that was enough to get BossTools installed and relocate the fonts folder, 86MB of free space now and I can again install applications.

How can it be that the partition becomes full even if I don't install anything? Lately I only updated applications, no new install at all. And is there a way I can find "trash" on the main partition using for example ftp? I have never used Linux/Mac, so I don't even know where to find the stuff, or which I can delete and which I can't (obviously there is some obvious stuff I better don't touch, but still)...

Edit: I just found a folder called "Customize2" on /Applications/, even though I uninstalled Customize2 weeks ago. I deleted it, it deleted at least a hundred of (also huge) files. Yet I wouldn't get more free space. Don't applications uninstall *completely* when you uninstall them?
  4. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

Yes, but some leave stuff behind. Depends on the repo coding...
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Just symlink your /var/root/Applications folder using BossTool. Then you won't have to worry about disk space again (unless you have a sh*tload of music ^.^)