installer space limit HeLp

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by shortguy088, Dec 27, 2007.

1. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

people on the forum say look in installer to see how much space you have left for your apps. i dont have a bar to tell me my available space. is there a way to get it?
  2. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i dont think you have a certain space limit for your apps in specific but you can check how much space is left on your ipod by going into settings > general > about. then where it says Availible is how much you have left.
  3. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    shortguy088 -- Actually, the Installer no longer tracks how much space you have available. If you've install Term_vt100, you can go in and type "df -h" and it'll tell you how much space is left... You can do the same thing with SSH...

Flagpole -- Sorry, that's incorrect. There are two partitions on the iPod Touch - the operating system/app partition is only 300MB. If you start hitting that limit, you then have to run a tool (BossTool) to move apps, fonts, etc. to the other partition (media).
  4. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah after posting my last message i saw something about the boss tool and went to add the source but the source thread says that the source doesnt work. is this true? id like to get th boss tool so i can move it but it says the source doesnt work...
  5. uberaeth

uberaeth New Member

I just bosstool'ed yesterday. I worked like a charm. Well worth it to do it and free up your partition space for [pretty much] unlimited apps.
  6. slam

slam New Member

Where is bosstool located? Can't find it on Installer.
    thanks.
  7. -LB-

-LB- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
  8. slam

slam New Member

Worked great.
    Thanks......