Installer Sources Disappeared

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by snj1013, Mar 19, 2008.

1. snj1013

snj1013 New Member

I completed the ziphone jailbreak last night and everything went well. This morning the only source left in installer is AppTapp Official. The only mod I made was SSH'ing into my Ipod and deleting the folder /private/var/mobile/library to get my Mail app to run. Before deleting this folder, the Mail app would start to open and then close on its own.

Any idea what happened to the sources. By the way, the apps that I installed last night from Installer are still there.
  2. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

this happened to me once too, i remember that if you added a source it just disappears like u never entered it, and there are no updates, and installer is all messed up.
    im afraid that in the end i just had to re-jailbreak again, sorry mate!
    if this happens again when re-jailbreaking just try installer fixes in the 1.1.3 section which also works on 1.1.4.
    hope this helped!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. bulbous nub

bulbous nub New Member

Try re-installing Installer. Go to uninstall, then select Installer, and tap the "Re-Install" button in the upper right hand corner below the title bar.
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think the sources are stored in your /private/var/mobile/library. Just create a new Library folder and enter the sources again.

Yep I just checked and there in /private/var/mobile/library/installer. so you should create a /library/installer folder
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    By the way was there an installer update? Im on 3.01 and when i refresh it says would you like to update installer. But i get main execution script failed. Any ideas.
  6. snj1013

snj1013 New Member

I jailbroke my Ipod Touch again with Ziphone and the sources are back. Thanks,