Installer screw up

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by ruhatch, Mar 14, 2008.

1. ruhatch

ruhatch Guest

jailbroken 1.1.4 and installer wasn't letting me install anything for a while then i uninstalled something and then installed bosstools. when i went back to the homescreen it started showing the spinning wheel and it has been going for ages randomly making the sound it makes when you connect it to a computer. What shud i do. i hope i don't have to restore it...
  2. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

Hold the power and home buttons until you get the itunes icon. Then load ziphone and under Advanced Features, select Normal Mode.
  3. Steven R

Steven R New Member

Try ssh into your ipod. Uninstall Bosstools.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Don't waste your time, do a restore. The spinning wheel of death almost never is recoverable with Ziphone or any other programs to kick it out.

Make sure you get BSD Subsytem, Community Sources, and OpenSSH installed first. The use BossTool to move fonts, ringtones, apps and then move forward.
  5. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

On a fresh jailbreak, installing Cydia replaces BSD and you do not need BossTools, as Cydia takes care of moving apps, fonts, etc in a professional unix way. Seems as if the big problems are now starting after the jailbreak. Just my 2 cents.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Apparently the latest version has just been released to fix all the other issues.