Installer Program Has Disappeared

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by TravisG5, Oct 27, 2007.

1. TravisG5

TravisG5 New Member

This is my first post, so thanks for all the great information that this community has provided to help me jailbreak my Touch.

But I can't figure out something... Right after I did the jailbreaking process, I opened up the Installer program, and did the update thing. An error came up (I don't remember what it said, sorry) and the program closed. Now it is not there. All the other iphone apps (mail, notes, stocks, maps...) are still there, though.

How do I get back the installer program without an installer program?

Thanks
  2. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

Use your scp client and go into medi-sym > applications, if the programme is still there, right click set permissions to 0755 and tick the box about owner permissions set recursively etc and reboot your ipod. If that doesn't work, put a post on the forum and we can send you the installer.app file...might need your e-mail address though to send that file.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

What were you doing that caused it to disapear? That will help us to get to the root of the problem.
  4. TravisG5

TravisG5 New Member

I was just using the application, and there was an update for the installer. I selected it, and there was an error that closed the installer. It wasn't on the home screen after that.
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Are any of your other non stock apps showing up?

Do you have SummerBoard or Trip1PogoStick installed? If not then open up Installer and install them, and you should have no more problem.

"How do I open up Installer?", you ask.

Use an SSH client such as PuTTY (links to a download should be all over this forum if you don't have it already) and type in:
    /Applications/Installer.app/Installer

That should open up Installer and allow you to install either program. SummeBoard is the preferable to the two.
  6. TravisG5

TravisG5 New Member

Thanks for the advice. I am working on getting the client to connect to my iPod, once I do that I will report back with the results.