Installer Problems...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SkaterGOD/DOOD23, Jan 17, 2008.

1. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey all,
    I am experiencing a problem with installer that is not a "re-fresh" sources problem. Don't take me for a noob please, I have searched! My problem is: When I try to update OR install packages halfway through the "updating" package it reverts me back to the home screen EVERY time. It never updates, and it never installs. I've tried re-booting my Ipod and such. Nothing has worked so far, again, help is appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

Skater.

EDIT:

Found a thread:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=196458#post196458
    Didn't know I was running out of disk space

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Now I know!
  2. chitowncubs

chitowncubs New Member

I have the same problem, and its really bugging me. I don't know whats causing it to do this, and I don't know any ways to fix it.
  3. demoncontrol

demoncontrol New Member

Awww im having same problem..IM trying to update iphysics.Do you thnk its something we downloaded?
  4. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    nah.. You guys just ran out of diskspace so delete some apps and install bosstool and relocate apps, hope that helps
  5. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What do bosstool and relocate apps do?
  6. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Use this guide, don't use Bosstool, it does nothing...

HOW-TO: Get around the application space limit your Touch!

Executing the commands below will remove your application space limitation so that you're only limited by the device's drive.. Your apps will share the same space available to your media files.

NOTE: This guide assumes you have jailbreaked your iPod touch and installed the necessary Unix binaries, either manually or by using some sort of semi-automated/automated jailbreak method.

WARNING: Although this seems to work just as intended, it's not been tested for more than a number of hours, meaning that it's entirely possible it could somehow break in the future. Therefore, only do this at your own risk!

SSH into your iPod touch using the SSH client of your choice; I recommend putty, which you can download at http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Move your applications folder to the /private/var folder by typing the following:

Code:

mv /Applications /private/var/Applications

Change directory to / by typing

Code:

cd /

Create a symbolic link to the Applications folders new location:

Code:

ln -s /private/var/Applications Applications

Type the following to get a directory list of /, so we can make sure the symbolic link was created correctly:

Code:

ls -la

In the list that comes up, you should have an entry similar to this one:

Code:

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 25 Oct 12 22:31 Applications -> /private/var/Applications

6. Alright, seems like it worked.. Now all you have to do is reboot your iPod touch! Do that now.

7. To further make sure it's working correctly for you, enter the Installer app and check the available space at the bottom. It should be higher than it was previously, as you've moved away all space-intensive apps. Try installing an app larger than 1MB (MobileChat for example) to see that the amount of available space stays the same.

8. Done! Install away!
  7. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No clue why you're slamming BossTools. Worked great for me and many others in moving the applications without command line hassles...
  8. ThePoetess1

ThePoetess1 New Member

Where does the Boss Tool Relocate Applications

HELP! Ok, so I accidently relocated my applications on my iPod Touch, and cannot find them. Where does the relocate function move the applications and how do I get them back or access them? Or will I have to restore my iPod and lose everything? Can I downgrade back to 1.1.1 without updating to 1.1.3?
  9. pieroi_020

pieroi_020 New Member

Im having a problem with my sources, there is no way i can add any sources to my ipod, the loading bar never gets completed. I tried adding sources to get nes ROMs, i CAN see the link i added in sources but as i said it didnt really work when i tried adding it, though its there and not working and i cannot refresh my sources either, never works. Help?
  10. surfboard3r

surfboard3r New Member

i have the same problem as piori ^ (above me)

anyone help?