Installer problems

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Vegemite, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Vegemite

Vegemite New Member

Hi, im new to the jailbreak scene, and im currently having problems with installing apps i am downloading.
    Installer successfully downloads apps i choose, but when it goes onto the 'installing' bar, it goes halfway and suddenly returns to the main ipod menu. Does anyone here know how to solve my problem? Ive tried turning off my router and ipod and still i get this problem.

I have jailbroken with the latest ZiPhone, and i have 1.1.4 firmware. Everything has gone perfectly fine until now. Is it possible that i may have caused this problem by changing permissions in the folders? I changed permissions for emulator apps and its folders to put roms and apps i cant download through the installer.app.

Help greatly appreciated.
  2. iTouch#1fan

iTouch#1fan New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Update to 2.1, jailbreak with the Pwnage tool, then don't use installer, use Cydia

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That or he could actually update to 2.1 and actually get a feel of it before he Jailbreaks. Not everyone has to update to 2.1 and jailbreak immediately.
  4. Vegemite

Vegemite New Member

do i have to pay for 2.1? i dont have access to a credit card or anything
    EDIT:
    works when i install sources, but its just the apps thats the problem. im going through some apps to see if they will actually work.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok, a few apps are successfully installing on my itouch.
    im guessing its just a problem with the source? i may be wrong. i tried installing cydia, but that also stops during the installation.
    anyone have any working sources for openSSH and Cydia?
    thanks.
  5. iTouch#1fan

iTouch#1fan New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Sorry, but he obviously wants to jailbreak, he is talking about emulators. Stop being such an asshole.
  6. Vegemite

Vegemite New Member

i dont want to rejailbreak, i cant backup my apps because i was stupid enough to uninstall and reinstall openSSH when WinSCP failed to log me in countless times.

does anyone here know of any other solutions to access var/root/media so i can try reinstall installer/cydia?

EDIT:\
    ive been using a program called DiskAid. it allows you to access the root folders without being jailbroken, whatever. but my main problem is, is that it wont let me access the root folder because the option has been disabled. does this possibly mean that i may have to rejailbreak my iphone? i hope not ...