Installer problem..WTFF

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by macfanboy, Oct 11, 2008.

1. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i wanted to install apps...and it installs..i love that part..wayyy better than cydia...but then once i quit out of it...i get a black screen and the spinning wheel...
    and it never finishes...i have to manually go into the device..ssh and change filenames to get it to boot...its annoying me...y is this happening??
  2. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

because installer sucks
    Cydia ftw
  3. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    LOL yeaaa but still
    I like the multitasking in installer
    I just wish that both teams would come together to make one awesome product
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Problem: this is the same Rip Dev which charged $35 for i2Reader, a bookreader program which didn't work as well as ruBooks (which was free), and charged $35 for Kate while FreeBoard and Customize did the same thing... and were free. Then they took all the good parts out of Installer (fast loading of databases, easy to read interface) and then made it buggy enough that it causes SWoDs on some iPods, and now have the gall to declare that it's ready to move out of bugfix releases despite a very serious problem.

I wouldn't trust them with Cydia. And I'd rather see Cydia with its 'install one at a time unless it's dependency-related' installer versus Installer 4's ugly and overlarge interface (which looks like something App Store rejected) and bugs that cause iPods to permanently lock up.
  5. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeaa..I c where ulu are coming from but still I want to download many things
    Or atleat they should make queues like the old installer
  6. Jarlath

And by "Download many things", you're probably talking about cracked apps, since Cydia repos generally don't house those.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'd probably suggest putting in a suggestion to Saurik, regarding queues. Outside of that, there's no real fix for Installer 4... except not to use it. "The only way to win is not to play the game", as a certain computer in a movie found out.
  7. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lololol..actually by adding a repo..u can get cracked apps...
  8. Jarlath

Did you read the sticky topic at the top of the forum? Or did the meaning of the words in the title or the post go right over your head?

As I said, there's no fix for installer not working right. Beyond that, not all of us are cheap bastards who can shell out $200-230 for an iPod but not $0.99 for an application. All I can tell you is that Installer 4 just doesn't WORK. Any installer program that causes a SWoD isn't ready for prime time, and they said it's past the point where they need to release bug-fixes.

As for the reason you want Installer... we'll not talk about that.