Installer not working properly?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by rossoneri7, Sep 4, 2008.

1. rossoneri7

rossoneri7 New Member

for the past 3 months i only used my ipod to listen to music and watch videos, didn't even touch installer, and i was not into downloading apps and all that so i missed out on a lot. anyways, now when i went to installer, i went to recent packages and theres nothing, only AlliPodHax list of sources, the outdated one (03.18, current is 06.27 i believe). i erased all the sources i had, and when i try to add new ones to install new apps, it adds but says there was a problem refreshing so the source is listed as Untitled Source and i'm not getting any new apps (and i need Lockdown badly.) And i recently read around about new installer or something like that.
    I'm on 1.1.4 and not planning on upgrading. How do i solve this problem? do i need to install a new installer or something?

thanks for help.
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    The new installer is ONLY for firmware 2.x and above so sorry. Have u tried refreshing your sources again also use the community sources that has the main stuff in it, im not sure if it even is still available i been on 2.0 since it came out so sorry. I recommend upgrading to 2.0.1. Oh have you tried cydia its better than installer so u might be able to find what your looking for in there.
  3. rossoneri7

rossoneri7 New Member

so does that mean i can't have Lockdown on 1.1.4?
    whenever i install the community sources, while its refreshing, it stops about at about 15% and the sources are all Untitled Sources and dont give me any apps.
    what's the name of the installer?
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You can't get the new installer. You need to upgrade to 2.0.x if you want Lockdown.
  5. rossoneri7

rossoneri7 New Member

does 2.0 come with installer 4 or does it come with the old installer. and do i need installer 4 to get Lockdown?