Installer Not Refreshing Sources

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Corsairkid, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When I click on the Installer app, it will first say "Checking Sources" like usual. Then it will say "refreshing sources". At this poin, the status bar will move about 1/3 of the way then stop. I wait and wait and wait and it never finishes. How come Installer won't refresh sources anymore?
  2. iPodTouchProduct

iPodTouchProduct New Member

hmmm i dont know exactly but i would try doing it while conncted to the computer. if that is not it you are probably going to have to jailbreak your ipod again jsut basically if you are at 1.1.1 upgrade to 1.1.2 and if you are at 1.1.2 downgrade it will unistall your jailbreak...then after jsut jailbreak it agian.
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1) Most obviously, are you connected to a wireless network (yeah, I know, but you'd be amazed...)

2) Try letting it run for 20 min or so, sometimes the servers are just really slow

3) Wait, and try again tommorow

If none of those work, try restoring and jailbreaking again.
  4. distantblue

distantblue New Member

i would verify that the extra sources added are formatted properly that auto-correct messes me up sometimes and then the sources update hangs on the broken source links. just a thought
  5. Og Loc

Og Loc New Member

Yah u would probably have to restore using iTunes or js try it somewhere u know there's a really fast wifi connection
  6. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    k it works now, but it take a really long time. wifi is fine, sources are fine. idk.
  7. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Some times mine takes A while to refresh also so its not a big problem dont worry.