Installer not opening after JB

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by ali.bigolo, Jan 27, 2008.

1. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey guys

I just upgraded to 1.1.3 JB and all was fine for the first 10 mins with the Installer.app but then all of a sudden it started playing up (after installing the iphone apps). I figured it could be an space problem so uninstalled some applications, but that only made it worse... it would download the packages but when trying to install them it would just crash to springboard!! so I decided to reinstall it and as it was reinstalling the same thing happend and it crashed back to springboard.

Now the installer dont work, I have tried replacing the Installer.app with a backup I had but no joy. Any ideas guys? if not I'm just gonna do the whole thing all over again.

Thanks

Ali
  2. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    DONT. i have "done it all over again" 5 time today, with these exact same results. just dont. i think it has something to do with iphone apps. i bought mine, and itunes syncs them over, but after that, its chaos. maybe iphone apps are the issue? who knows.
  3. johnnypuffs

johnnypuffs New Member

Ditto. I am officially OVER IT!

I know enough about computers, permissions, unix, etc. but this JB is not working for me. I can JB it, but installer won't work.

This is just too much hassle. I'll leave it at 1.1.3 without JB with the apps UNTIL the DEV TEAM of whomever gets it together and makes this a simple process that WORKS without constant problems.

All the other JBs were simple. I have wasted half the day on this.
  4. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  5. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  6. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

Another thing to consider is that you have just run out of space on your OS partition. I have a feeling that this new firmware takes up a lot more of the space on this particular partition, which hopefully apple will remedy when the sdk is released.

A solution to try (for installer crashing when trying to install something) is to SSH into your ipod and delete some applications, then install BossTool. You can then use BossTool to free up some space on your OS partition, by moving wallpapers and apps onto the media partition.

Worth a shot if nothing else works.
  7. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    OK fixed it

Uninstall all your applications and then follow these instructions
    the important bit is the 4755 permission make sure that is done.

then follow this guide, making sure you move the wallpaper and ringtones first before the apps (i'll get him to update his guide) and restart.

Done

Ali
  8. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Its all in my thread dude, click my sig

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    could've used that a few hours ago!