Installer messed up Cydia

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Kisai, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Kisai

Kisai New Member

Alright, So I found a repo that was installer only. I didn't want installer, as I found it buggy, and unnecessary. I re-jailbroke, just so I could have installer. I got my app, but when I went back to check Cydia, I had none of my packages there. They all worked, like, SBsettings would still come up, and all the toggles would work, but nothing would show up in Cydia. I tried to SSH installer out of there, but it said I didn't have Correct Permissions. I know the password is right, I log on to mobile instead of root, but I don't see how that's a problem.. So I just said screw it, and left installer. Now I want to manually add an app that I downloaded online. Click, Drag, and it says Incorrect Permissions, agian. What am I doing wrong? Jailbroken 2.2 Ipod Touch 16g, Winscp, latest vers,
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Don't use Installer period. It really is a pile of donkey cr@p. It could have messed up your iPod Touch in a variety of ways. I would start off by uninstalling all apps you installed through Installer4. If you can't get back to a reasonable level of stability you may be looking at a restore - in which case I would recommend you go back to 2.1 as there are also reports of issues with the 2.2 firmware, which may also be adding to your current woes.
  3. Kisai

Kisai New Member

Alright, Installer tottaly freaked out, restore mode came up.. Don't tottaly know why. I just did a full restore anyway..