Installer Kepps crashing.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by codanator, Mar 3, 2008.

1. codanator

codanator New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I have 1.1.3 jail broken ipod touch 16gb. Every time i touch installer it loads then crashes. anyone have an idea why it does this?
  2. TimHyland

TimHyland New Member

Having the same problem. Very confused! All started when I started downloading Apollo!!
  3. Estacado

Estacado New Member

I had the same problem but i think the real problem is new version of Installer 3.01 I couldn't download any app so I tried to reinstall installer but afterwards I couldn't start installer. It sucks cause I just restored my ipod and did the whole process to 1.1.3 It takes long time so what now Do I have to restore iPod once again ???

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

as soon as you upgrade to 1.1.3 you should install boss tool and relocate fonts and applications (ringtones too on iphone). since you are on 1.1.3 now, uninstall one or two apps so you can download boss tool. after relocating fonts and apps it will free up installer disk space and you can download as many apps as you want. if installer doesnt even come up in the first place i suggest just rejailbreaking. for the hell of it try setting permissions to 755 in installer.app and see if it helps.

5. Estacado

Estacado New Member

I'm rejailbreaking my iPod touch right now do I have to do this thing with boss tool or this is only for iPhones ??
  6. d4rk3t3rnity

d4rk3t3rnity New Member

Try using SSH to re-install the Installer.app. I upgraded the Installer on my 1.1.2 and everytime I opened it, it would crash right away. I found the Installer.app on one the threads and I downloaded it and SSHed it back into my iTouch. My Installer works perfectly fine now. I'll try to find the thread for you.
  7. d4rk3t3rnity

d4rk3t3rnity New Member

8. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

Im having the same problem, i tried replacing installer, doing the chmod fix 4755.
    This all started for me when i downloaded the latest All My Sources or w/e thats called, this is a a pain in the ass, why is this happening???

comon cydia, hurry up and have ur bugs fixed and be able to add sources, im fed up of this bull with installer, so over it.

9. Estacado

Estacado New Member

Thanks for help I will try this later if the rejailbreak won't work i have Touch 16 GB maybe this is a problem ?? I hope it will help
  10. LakersfanAUS

LakersfanAUS New Member

yep, im having the same prob... no one has a real answer... unless u re-jailbreak... but im not really down for that.