Installer keeps crashing.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by consume1, Jan 28, 2008.

1. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How do i fix it? It wouldn't update my sources so i tried to reinstall it and now it just crashes back to my springboard. I read the "fix" and it says add a source. How the hell am i suppose to add a source if my installer isn't even working?
  2. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If i had a nickel for everytime this problem happened to me yesterday, id have 25 cents.......

If you can, you need to now SSH into your iPod and manually delete some Applications. You also need to try to manually reinstall Installer if the issue is still not fixed.

The problem is that you are out of free space. Installer will always crash when it is out of free space.

Use Boss Tools .35 to correct this issue. You can also manually install this after you delete some of your applications.

Good luck!
  3. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ...I don't have ssh. And besides why wouldn't my sources update before? Im about to quit this jailbreaking sh*t if some method that actually works isn't going to come out.
  4. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Your sources wont update because every MAIN iPod Repo in the world right now that has tools for the 1.1.3 jailbreak is being hit OVER AND OVER again by people jailbreaking their ipod. The servers just stop responding. When that happens, you just need to find the source that is stuck, and delete it until you can complete an Installer refresh.

Trust me, i know, its HUGELY frustrating.
  5. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    let me guess, does your installer open with a giant pixelated version of a Mac OS X Applications folder? if so, you have to downgrade and rejailbreak (i had it happen last night)
  6. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If that's really it then I just restored back to 1.1.1 for no reason.
  7. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea..... like I said, if i had a nickel..... welcome to 1.1.3 hell

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. tjmgame

tjmgame New Member

I have 1.1.1 and its doing the same thing to me and i want to manually delete sources how do i do that?
  9. Exodar

Exodar New Member

i had this same problem with installer crashing everytime i tried to open it and manually deleting some applications didn't work for me, but i was able to fix it by SSHing into my ipod and deleting the RemoteSources.plist file in /private/var/root/Library/Installer. after that, i started installer and this time it went to refreshing the sources instead of exiting to the springboard.
  10. chiefkeckers

chiefkeckers New Member

ditto, this worked really well!