installer issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JoshNuke, Sep 1, 2008.

1. JoshNuke

JoshNuke New Member

i just finished restoring and jailbraking my itouch after my sister screwed it up. i set up the wifi and checked my email and when i opened up installer it asked me if i wanted to donate but started checking sources at the same time and it froze. ok well it just unfroze but it wont show the featured and i tried refreshing sources but it now just sits on checking sources... i tried restoring and jailbraking again but the same thing happened. should i re-jailbreak it, and can i without restoring it? and it will download some packages but i cannot refresh or add new sources.
  2. scottyy

scottyy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    check if your safari is working, this happened to me when i went from 2.01 to 2.02 last night, my router wasnt assigning a proper ip address to my ipod so it wasnt properly connecting to the internet. solution was rebooting my router for me try it if you have the same problem
  3. JoshNuke

JoshNuke New Member

safari was working just fine, i could check email, browse and all that, but it was just the installer
  4. scottyy

scottyy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    it may not show the featured on the front page because the software you used may have only put on like 4.04 or 4.05b of installer and the featured are only in 4.06 so you would have to update to that through installer ~ but if your sources arent refreshing im not too sure keep at it i guess ill try nd think of a reason. do you have cydia to use in the meantime?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also when it refreshes sources is it freezing up? or can you still change from like the featured page to sources and categories and stuff? if its freezing just leave it for like 10 mins and see what happens maybe it just gets stuck on 1 and needs to like sit and think. but i have no idea if thatl help