Installer Is Faster With WinPwn

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by Aristarchos, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Aristarchos

Aristarchos Banned

So, I just pwned my ipod with winpwn and I noticed something,
    It seems like installer is refreshing sources, downloading, and installing faster than with Jailbreak

or am i just noticing things
  2. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You're just noticing things, Pwnage does nothing that would help speeds, except clearing your sources.
  3. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

i felt like most things were more stable with a pwned touch, i've been on 2.0 most of the time so I can't really say for sure if Installer is faster. but the whole system seems much more harmonious when pwned.

and by the way, pwning is jailbreaking, they aren't different. it's just a different way to jailbreak.
  4. KevN

KevN Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Probably noticing things. I doubt winpwn made a secondary installer that refreshes faster

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. x6blues

x6blues New Member

I think you are just noticing things. Winpwn and ziphone/other jailbreaks only upload installer.app. It is probably because you have less apps, sources, or the server is just responding faster. Also, your internet connection comes into play.
  6. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think my installer seems slower
  7. ontic

ontic New Member

Installer goes out and has to download a new xml file for every source every time you refresh. If just one server is slow, or you have a whole slew of them, it will slow things down considerably. It's probably faster because you haven't added a lot of sources yet.
  8. aftershock68

aftershock68 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You used WinPwn? Did you get boot images working? I get error 6 every time I try to upgrade my iPod to custom firmware.
  9. lambson804

lambson804 New Member

did you put the iTunes DLL files into the WinPwn folder? thehitman's youtube video is what I followed exactly, and I had it working the first try... If anything, just look at his 'More Info' on the side of the video and make sure you followed all the directions IN ORDER
  10. setix

setix Member

installer seems faster to me too