Installer Icon Dissappeared?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by coby!, Feb 5, 2008.

1. coby!

coby! New Member

I just turned on my ipod and my Installer icon is gone. It shows up in customize when I go to order them, but on the springboard it doesnt. Any clue as to how to get it back?
  2. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have an idea of what you might be able to do but i will need a little while to test it.
  3. kevio

kevio New Member

I went into Installer the other night and a message popped up to update to a newer version of Installer. So I did. Then as it was updating it crashed the sprintboard. Now I can't get back into Installer. Is there a way to manually copy the latest version through SSH?
  4. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. kevio

kevio New Member

Awesome thanks. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.
  6. kevio

kevio New Member

Ok, I unzipped that file and replaced /Applications/Installer.app with the new one. But it still doesn't work. When I launch it a white screen comes up as if it's going to load and then it crashes back to sprintboard. That's what it was doing before. I found another folder in /private/var/root/Library/Installer that has some plist files in it. It also has a temp folder which has the Installer.zip file in it. Do you think one of these plist files was corrupted or are there other areas in the filesystem that reference the Installer.app?
    Thanks,
    Kev
  7. kevio

kevio New Member

Anyone have any ideas?
  8. Cam98

Cam98 New Member

i tried that method too never worked....

any help too cause i lost my installer totally off my springboard and wont show anywhere except if i ssh
  9. kevio

kevio New Member

Ok, so this whole thing started when I tried to update to the latest version of AppTapp Installer. I manually copied the file posted by Mattym using SSH, replacing the old version. Still it didn't work. Finally, I figured out what it was. I had to go in and change the permissions to 755 for everything in /Applications/Installer and /var/root/Library/Installer. Then I was able to launch the Installer.app. Of course the first thing it's asking me is to update the installer. I go to updated it and it says there isn't enough space. Even though I have way more than enough space. Any new ideas?