Installer Help Needed (with pictures)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by p1p3r, Jan 30, 2008.

1. p1p3r

p1p3r New Member

I know that n00bs are really annoying, but I've tried everything possible... I read the FAQ, and touchdev is down. I need some help.

I got my iPod Touch two days ago. I successfully downgraded to 1.1.1 from 1.1.3 and I installed Installer.
    I used jailbreakme.com because dn.vc/jb and slovix.com/touchfree/jb wouldn't load.
    So now I need SSH, correct?
    I've read everything possible and I can't seem to get any help... I have Community Sources, but everything I've been told should be available for download is not.
    Everything says "install this" but does say HOW, why to type in, etc. I need steps, here...
    Also, Installer often freezes when it's "refreshing sources" and I have to restart and try again... sometimes several times before it works.

Here are pictures of what I'm seeing, hopefully it'll help:

"Featured" is blank.

All packages (none of which are downloadable, I've tried):

Please Register or Log in to view images

Updates:

Packages:

Sources:

If anyone can tell me what to do... either what's wrong or what I'm doing wrong, I'd be VERY grateful! Thank you.
  2. Oblivion.

Oblivion. New Member

Your touch isn't connecting to the AppSnap servers, or any of the sources (I can't see your sources list, but I take it there's a couple of things in there). My guess is your router's blocking the connection... "Refreshing Sources" may take a while, but shouldn't ever be over 5 mins really.
  3. p1p3r

p1p3r New Member

That could very well be... I'm connected to the internet using my Mac Book Pro... I'm sharing it's ethernet connection. Could that be it?
  4. p1p3r

p1p3r New Member

That's not it... I just connected to public wifi and it still doesn't work.
    Could it have been installed wrong or something...?!
    I'm so lost...

Oh, by the way, when it starts up, it says something about "no sources" or something when it goes to load them on Installer start up...
  5. deveelx

deveelx New Member

It looks like you are in 1.1.1. Most of the packages I see in your Installer are outdated. You have Installer v3.0b8 which should be at v3.0b10 (1.1.2) or v3.0b10 (1.1.3). Your Community Sources is at v3.0 which is now at 3.2. If you are looking for SSH, it should be located under Sources folder. You don't really need SSH if you are plaaning on upgrading to 1.1.2. If you are planning on updgrading to 1.1.2, then you need to install OktoPrep which is under Tweaks 1.1.1. Once you have Install OktoPrep, connect your iPod to iTunes and shift-click (windows) or option-click (Mac) on "Check for Update" to find the firmware 1.1.2. After upgrading to 1.1.2, you then need to jailbreak it using the jailbreak program. Jailbreak 1.1.2 will have you the option to install SSH. Now jailbreaking 1.1.2 is quiet a long process if this is your first time. But not as long as jailbreaking 1.1.3. Anyway, once you have jailbroken 1.1.2, you need to install BSD Sysytem, OpenSSH (if you don't have it already), and Installer 3.0b10. Once you have all this installed then you are ready to jailbreak to 1.1.3. This is a brief summary of the whole process. Hope it helps.
  6. p1p3r

p1p3r New Member

Thank you! I'll try updating to 1.1.2... that will make more apps show up?!

Also, how can I update the Community Sources?
  7. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Yeah. Once your in Jailbroken 1.1.2, more Apps should show up. Community Sources is located in under Sources folder (where System, Productivity, Network are located). When Community Sources 3.2 and BSD Subsystem are downloading and installing, they may look like they're stuck or stopped, but they are not. So don't try to do anything to your iPod while they are installing. Leave it alone until they finished.
  8. p1p3r

p1p3r New Member

Thank you so much for clarifying that! =)

I'm going to try it now...
  9. p1p3r

p1p3r New Member

How do I get oktoprep? I don't really understand... it sounds like that should be in installer. But, from what you can see in my pictures, I don't have that.
  10. conk

conk New Member

My recomendation

I think you should try this to be successfull
    - downgrade 1.1.1
    -connect to internet (prefer no security sometimes the wpa and wep security causes some connection problems)
    -open safari and go to http://tinyurl.com/36dsyz
    this will install installer and SSH. You will see that safari crashes and a download counter will appear.
    - after that open installer and upgrade to latest version before installing anything.
    - then install sources and utilities first

Hope this would help....

Ps: The refreshing of the sources and downloading pakages can take long you should watch out for ipod to be active during these times. dont let it sleep