Installer Freezes!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LastReaper, Jul 19, 2008.

1. LastReaper

LastReaper New Member

Hello, I just registered to the forum to have a bit of help. Today, July 19, I decided I would jailbreak my ipod Touch (16GB) on the 1.1.4 firmware. My ipod was already jailbroken, but as the firware 1.1.1. So I downloaded the ipod firmware 1.1.4, and then on Itunes I clicked restore, but by holding shift (cause I use Windows). Then I selected firware 1.1.4 to be restored as, and everything worked fine. Next, I downloaded ZiPhone from the main site. Unzipped the file and ziphone GUI opened bla bla bla. Now Itune is closed. My Ipod is freshly restored with the factory settings to firmware 1.1.4, waiting to be jailbroken. So, I click on "Jailbreak" button on the ZiPhone GUI and bla bla bla...BINGO! It is jailbroken now! And thats when It starts to take my head outta my body. I click on the installer app, everything seems fine for the moment. BUT THEN! when I wanted to add a source, some seconds later, it FROZE! The keyboard frozed.

So I tryed restoring it, jailbreaking it again and again and again, always the same sh*tty problem, whenever I go into sources... It freezes. An when I try to come back on installer (not even into sources), it freezes, and there was a time that I couldn't even get on installer cause it would simply take me back to the home screen...
    I, I dunno what to do... I passed the last 4 hours trying to solve this problem, but I just can't... Plz I would really need some help. I would really apreciate that.
    THX in advance guys

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

is there a newer version of installer avalable?
    if your ziphone puts an old version on there, you should try installing the newer installer do the sources refresh atomaticslly after installation?
  3. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    have u install bsd system and openshell
    do u know about ssh ?