Installer Fix That Works (Finally!!)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cob, Mar 23, 2008.

1. cob

cob New Member

Ok I know this was in another post but it took me forever to find it so I'm saying it again. I feel bad for peeple like me who had to restore to get it back.

Changing file permissions to 755 not working?

Reinstalled not working either?

The space issue that bosstool does and unistalling apps not working either???

Getting really pissed off that you can't ever find the answer?????????????????!!?!?!?!!?

Ok ssh into your ipod touch or iphone idk if it works for iphone cause i have a touch. Go to the first path /. Navigate to var/root/Library/Installer. If your on a different version like 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 than idk if this will work. Ok now you'll see some plists and a file called temp. Youll see that one is bigger than the other and called RemotePackages.plist. It's so big because it gets generated everytime you refresh sources. Just delete the RemotePackages.plist, reboot iPod, and start up installer. It will refresh sources because deleting the plist makes it do that. Unfortunatly you might have to do that everytime you want to use installer so that still sux. Any more problems PM me.

First Post: Today

First PM Sent: Yesterday
  2. technov2

technov2 New Member

Instead of deleting the file completely try opening it in notepad and deleting all the contents, then put it back.. Because if installer doesn't generate a new file and it wants a file to fill then it's still there, might work, might not.. Just bouncing around ideas

Please Register or Log in to view images