Installer download Problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by celebrateandballons, Nov 18, 2008.

1. celebrateandballons

celebrateandballons New Member

Well, fans. complete noob on this site, but set that aside.

Firmware: 1.1.4

when in installer i'm looking at apps, since i make music I want to diverse the way i make music so i've seen IR-909, but before i do that I want to free space using the bigBoss app to free the space.

Here's the wonderful horrible problem I go to download and it starts but thn package has failed.

I use the wifi from my macbook, using the airport so connection is not the issue.

Then it starts up loading or when the circle starts up.

so i refresh but i go to download or restarts the process over.

i'm getting fustrated so hopefully you guys can help
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Update to 2.1. 1.1.4 is Dead. No one develops for it anymore. 90% of the people who developed for it have moved on to the App Store. Which currently has 4000+ Apps/Games. And some have continued to develop for Jailbreak. Only minor little tweaks and small apps along with customization. I suggest you update, try out 2.1 for about a week before you decide to Jailbreak.

Get the update here: http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/softwareupdate.html
  3. celebrateandballons

celebrateandballons New Member

yeah i've been thinking about 2.0 and up but apps costs and i haven't checked out if you can get apps free

unless you can jailbreak the 2.0 and up but it would cross out the idea of jailbreaking it, since apple has gotten the idea to make an app store

i just dont want to hassle with the firmware so if you or anybody can just help
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

... where have you been the past 4 months? There's all those 'jailbreak 2.0' threads out there, and the main issue at the moment is that the 1.1.4 repos are all dead and done for at the moment, so there's no way for you to redownload packages. There's also a whole bunch of free apps in the App Store as well, or at least ad-supported apps.

The problem, to sum up for the encephallically-challenged, is this: the old repos are dead and done for because the people who ran them took them down to replace them with Cydia repos for firmware 2.x, and you won't be able to use the old Installer anymore as a result... and anyways, most all of the developers for 1.1.x stopped developing for that firmware once Firmware 2.0 became available. They're either on the App Store or on Cydia for Firmware 2.x.